Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Beauty Bag

Varies on occasion, but, these are my regular go-to's:

HAIR...
Pantene Herbal Fusion or HerStyler Shampoo
Pantene Pro-V Conditioner
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray
Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Serum
Paul Mitchell flexible style Sculpting Foam
Garnier Fructis Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hairspray

MAKEUP...
BareEscentuals Light/Medium Golden Starter Kit
MAC Dainty blush
MAC Fix +
NARS Granada cream e/s
Victoria's Secret Strawberry Fizz l/g

SKIN...
alba cocoa butter hand & body lotion



IN DEPTH...
Hair-
I only use the HerStyler Shampoo because of its distinct foreign smell -in a good way. I like its creaminess and bubbly lather. Haven't noticed any positive hair appeal after using it. I highly enjoy the Pantene more because of it's signature fresh smell. The conditioner works good. The first time I used it it was the best. But, they changed their ingredients to make it more watery cause it's not the same anymore and I'm not getting the soft outcome as I did before..why!!!!!. Argh.
John Frieda's spritz smells good. Not sure if it really heat defends. I use it to hydrate my hair if it's dry.
PM's serum is green appley delicious smelling! Putting this on my hair right before blow drying does dry faster! Minor softness effect.
PM's mousse smells coconutty good. Subtle strength for curls. Great for flyaways. Don't re-stroke the area during the drying process else a white streak will show!! Else, no worries on white residue.
Garnier's hairspray also smells good. Tip-don't overspray too close with this!! It will make your hair waay too sticky and it works fast. Doesn't make hairspray flakes unless you overspray or move it during its drying process.

Makeup-
bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation - Light
Used with the BE concealer brush over my blemishes and dark spots.
bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation - Golden Medium
Used with an EcoTools travel size kabuki brush all over. The BE is too rough. EcoTools are so soft and the best!
bareMinerals Mineral Veil
Used with the ET kabuki after Golden Medium all over. Can't really tell if it does anything for me. The site says, "Minimizing lines, absorbing oils, and softening your complexion, it gives you a flawless finish that's too good to miss. And best of all, it's utterly weightless. Just a bare veil of minerals that lock makeup in place and give your skin airbrushed perfection." I just use it still anyways believing it does something.
Warmth All-Over Face Color
I actually use this as a light contour blush under my cheekbone towards the ear. The makeup artist says I can mix this with the foundation if I start getting darker. Hm, no thanks I'll just buy a shade darker.

After all that I spray MAC Fix+ to finish it off for a nice dew look.
I apply MAC Dainty blush if I feel girly pink.
NARS Granada cream eyeshadow is a perfect brown with specks of glitter for an everyday look. Creams on well and I only apply it by finger.
VS strawberry fizz smells delicious and leaves my lips glossy and subtle pink.

SKIN-
alba lotion smells exactly like cocoa butter. Nice thick creamy texture that helps dry skin temporarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment