Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blackberry 9700

BB love..!
My 1st real smartphone!
Besides the pretty good 3.2megapix camera and vibrant screen there's still some flaws I've noticed. On crackberry-the forum to go to for problems is a good source.



Problem #1 Sometimes I can't access my SMS. I don't delete all my texts from the same person all the time. I direct click it or menu>open and it won't do anything. They link all texts from the same person in one big chat-kind of like instant messaging style. The only way to somewhat get into it is to go to menu>view folders>sms inbox. If you don't want to delete certain texts and do that folder option the latest SMS gets mixed in with the previous texts. So, when you scroll down you'll see past texts which is totally wierd.

Problem #2 I haven't found how to turn the LED light from flashing during charge. On crackberry it talks about bedtime mode and stuff, but, the clock screen shows up which is a battery guzzler. Same with the low battery indicator light(amber color). There is a place in settings when you can disable it!!! I was on that screen before and I saw that option about LED alerting me if I want that light or not. At the time, I thought it be great so I left it at enabled. But, I didn't want it flashing at me when I know it's low and I'm in a dark setting. SO THAT SETTING DOES EXIST AND YOU CAN TURN IT OFF!! Just don't remember where it was located under. Argh. Posters say turn the phone away on the table as a solution, but, can't do that when in need that instant.

Those 2 are the main problems.

I found a solution to something I thought was a defect!
Solution to thinking the right convenience button is broken for taking a picture or another assigned application....push harder!!!
If you press it and it clicks, you think that's it....but it's not! Press further down into the phone and you will see that works! Camera is the default for that button.
Here's a tip: If you need light, press that button to the first click and you will get a flash without taking a picture. Or, for longer light, switch to video camera mode>options>video light>on>save.

I heard Made in Mexico versions suck. Mine is Made in Canada and I have that SMS problem so...I don't know if Canada is the best. Maybe it's a problem that happens to everyone? Or when you delete around texts and not all of them, it won't open sometimes.
All my keys look and feel fine. I was hoping for a Canadian version and I got it..yesss!

LIKES....
The camera is pretty good. Kim Kardashian has one, says her on twitter and if her pictures on twitter is BB, then it's a pretty decent camera. During low light, it gives off a nice tan glow...just like Kim Kardashian's. No shaking picture problems for me.
The light is really bright tho, so, all you self picture obsessed people out there get ready to be blinded!
Here's a pic during the morning-no flash.


I need to start downloading some music videos onto the phone because the pre-installed one looked HD to the ultimate HD quality! Youtube looks boxey pixel-even selecting a HD video. You can make out who is who, but, better than nothing! If the music and voice don't sync, press pause and re-play. I couldn't get it to fast forward or rewind during play so you have to sit through the whole thing.

www.celebrityblackberrysightings.com has pictures of celebs with a blackberry. If you're bored. ;)

bb love...!

No comments:

Post a Comment